Jul 29 2010
Things I love this Thursday:
- Meet Dolores. My new(ish) bicycle: an Electra Ladies Amsterdam Classic 3i. I’ve been riding her for a couple months but I finally found a few minutes to snap some pictures of her. Sadly, she’s got some scratches already but purely cosmetic stuff. 3 gears. Skirt guard. Encased chain. Comfy seat. Cup holder!
- My new panniers for Dolores! I was using an orange crate strapped to the back but oh! the panniers make a world of difference for weight distribution. I can carry about the same amount of stuff but I can actually use my kickstand for it’s intended purposes—even when the panniers are full!
- Funky colored manicures. Turquoise and minty green. While dressing in a slightly more subdued fashion at work, having a little flash of the unusual makes me happy!
- Discovering after many years that I am relatively athletic. Bootcamp is helping me to see that and it’s a strange sight to me but a pleasing one nonetheless.
- Skype dates (and video chats) with family and friends. I spent 30ish minutes talking to my parents and sister last Sunday over Skype and it was really nice. I am expecting this to become a much more frequent occurrence.
What do you love this Thursday?