Sep 02 2010
Lovelist for this week:
- Letterpress Delicacies on etsy! Look how amazing this print on the left is (which I totally just ordered)—the craftsmanship looks stellar and their designs are incredibly clever. Check out the Bolts and Clouds card and the adorable Thanks a Million set.
- The September calendars! Holla!
- AngryPaulRand on twitter: “3 easy steps to being a successful designer: 1) Do great work. 2) Don’t be an asshole. 3) There is no step 3.” Brilliance, truth & hilarity!
- The upcoming long weekend! Hopefully, it will be both relaxing and productive!
- “If you can’t draw as well as someone, or use the software as well, or if you do not have as much money to buy supplies, or if you do not have access to the tools they have, beat them by being more thoughtful. Thoughtfulness is free and burns on time and empathy.” -Frank Chimero, What advice would you give to a graphic design student? I think a whole lot on this list is applicable to more than just design students.
- My rad new cupcake earrings that sooz gifted to me!
- CS5–> Old hat, I know it’s been out forever BUT we’re doing the big switcheroo at work and we watched a bunch of videos and I got all re-super-stoked (gridify/live distribute/split/span columns!!!).
- Getting ready for hat season to commence! I have a bunch of gorgeousness that I’ll be adding to the shop this weekend!
What’s plastered a smile on your face this week?