Apr 14 2011
Wood is such a lovely material. It’s natural. It’s warm. I love studying the grain & knots. They tell stories of the wood’s past lives. It has a certain soft strength that only looks better as it’s loved and ages, well-worn in the best spots.
- L’Oiseau by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. It’s so simple and elegant. I love the abstraction of the shape while it still clearly and universally reads as birds. (via Design Milk)
- A very clever little builder’s plan for a 4 hour chair from Swedish student, Dag Elfgren. I would love to be able to build one! (also via Design Milk)
- Endearing and dapper little coat hooks named Monsieur Hook by Domestic.
- Really cool wooden basket. It’s got some really lovely lines. (My high school French teacher will be disappointed that I can’t still read French. I can butcher through it but not enough to translate. Sorry!)
- BrickBox. This concept is brilliant. The modular nature of it lends itself to infinite possibilities, unlimited expansion AND storage space!
- Wooden paneling that works! Everything about the offices of Australian agency, The Furnace is awesome! Who wouldn’t love working surrounded by such fantastic illustrations by Rudi de Wet and charming gallery. (via designworklife).
Wood is good. Do you have a favorite material of the moment?